Want to build a real product instead of another corporate app?
Funnelback’s search engine research and development team is on the search for a talented Software Developer based in Canberra. We’re an exciting and growing company headquartered in Canberra, with offices around Australia as well as in London, Seattle and Chicago. We provide innovative website and enterprise search solutions to organisations such as Westpac, the Australian Securities Exchange, Legal & General, London School of Economics, University of Cambridge and Southwest Airlines.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing new search-engine functionality and helping to support our partner's search implementation projects
- Working on both back-end (Java/Spring MVC) and administration front-end (Angular) aspects Funnelback.
- Driving features from concept through scoping, development and testing to release in an agile (Kanban) environment.
- Helping to develop the skills of junior members within our team.
You'll have opportunities to:
- Work on systems where performance is about algorithms, not database indexes.
- Develop skills in machine learning technologies and information retrieval.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated professional experience in Java development, covering both command-line systems and web applications with Spring MVC.
- Experience designing and developing complex features crossing internal system boundaries through the whole software lifecycle.
- Knowledge of both Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Extensive exposure to web and search technologies.
Funnelback is made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love to roll up their sleeves to compete with companies like Google and Microsoft.
Every Funnelback employee enjoys a range of workplace benefits such as a generously stocked kitchen, games area, a healthy lifestyle allowance and an innovative leave scheme allowing you to take up to 30 days paid leave per year.
If this role sounds like you - please send in your application and a cover letter telling us why you want to be a Search Software Developer. We can't wait to meet you!