Technical Support Engineer
Funnelback is an exciting global organisation that allows its people to apply their skills while learning and working with expert mentors.
We’re all about applying innovative search technology in the real world. We are an Australian owned, multinational product company whose technology regularly wins competitive trials against market leaders.
What you may not know about us is:
- Funnelback originated from an award-winning technology developed at CSIRO;
- Over 60 universities in Australia and the UK use Funnelback to search their websites;
- We also have an impressive private sector portfolio; and
- We are keen to deliver the best service and most innovative solutions to our clients.
Our skilled consultants deliver high quality search solutions that enable our customers to search, analyse, audit and automate their content. Our customers include many household names such as Westpac, ASX, University of Cambridge, and the University of Sydney.
Funnelback is headquartered in Canberra, where this role will be based. You'll be working with the wider team spread across Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, London and Seattle.
You will be the single point of contact between Funnelback and our users to resolve hosted search platform issues, aligned with agreed SLAs and maintaining our high level of customer satisfaction.
The successful applicant will work in the Service Delivery Team and report to the Services Team Lead.
You’ll be working on:
- Triaging, debugging and resolving complex search-related customer support issues
- Upgrading hosted and installed search software environments
Success in this role, looks like:
- High customer satisfaction
- Proactive approach to detecting and resolving customer issues
- Responding to and resolving support issues raised by clients in a knowledgeable, timely and professional manner.
We are looking for:
- A fast and pragmatic learner, able to adapt to new products and environments quickly
- Strong experience in hosted environments using Linux operating systems
- An understanding of web/internet technologies and protocols such as and including CSS, HTML, HTTP, XML and SSH.
- Proactive, self-motivating and responsible, able to take responsibility for the follow-up and completion of triaged support issues
- Experience in delivering technical support services with a strong focus on efficiency and best practise
- Bonus points for experience in Java, Groovy or Freemarker.
Funnelback is made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love to roll up their sleeves to compete with companies like Google and Microsoft.
Every Funnelback employee enjoys a range of workplace benefits such as a generously stocked kitchen, a healthy lifestyle allowance and an innovative leave scheme allowing you to take up to 30 days paid leave per year.
If becoming an expert in awesome search technology sounds like you, send in your application and, in a cover letter, tell us why this role is meant to be yours. We can't wait to meet you!