Technical Consultant - Search
Funnelback is an exciting global organisation that allows its people to apply their skills while learning and working with expert mentors.
We’re all about applying innovative search technology in the real world. We are an Australian owned, multinational product company whose technology regularly wins competitive trials against market leaders.
What you may not know about us is:
- Funnelback originated from an award-winning technology developed at CSIRO;
- Over 60 universities in Australia and the UK use Funnelback to search their websites;
- We also have an impressive private sector portfolio; and
- We are keen to deliver the best service and most innovative solutions to our clients.
Our skilled consultants deliver high quality search solutions that enable our customers to search, analyse, audit and automate their content. Our customers include many household names such as Westpac, ASX, University of Cambridge, and the University of Sydney.
Although we're headquartered in Canberra, this role will be based in Melbourne. You'll be working with the wider team spread across Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, London and Seattle.
The successful applicant will work in the Production Team and report to the Production Manager. They will work with the Service Delivery Team, Sales Team and the Research and Development Team on multiple local and national projects.
This role will require you to interact with technical and non-technical customers on a daily basis.
Day to day, you will:
- Develop skills in search and the Funnelback technology;
- Lead business analysis sessions with customers to identify and document requirements;
- Document project specifications;
- Design and implement high quality Funnelback solutions (major component of the role);
- Co-ordinate tasks and liaise directly with clients throughout the project lifecycle;
- Contribute to pre and post sales tasks/projects including demonstrations, answering questions, attending meetings, responding to RFTs/RFPs etc;
- Deliver training sessions;
- Occasionally travel for short periods;
- Assist the Service Delivery team with support requests as required; and
- Any ad hoc tasks as required (working on internal projects for example).
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a technical consultant role;
- Experience working with Linux and Microsoft Windows environments;
- The ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly;
- Tertiary qualifications (related to IT);
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS and web standards;
- Familiarity with software development best practice including version control and deployment workflows
- Project Management skills or equivalent experience;
- Excellent skills for proactively identifying and resolving potential problems and be able to communicate effectively on a technical level (written and verbal);
- Sound organisational, time management and prioritisation skills; and
- An eye for detail
- Bonus points for experience in Java, Perl or Groovy
Funnelback is made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love to roll up their sleeves to compete with companies like Google and Microsoft.
Every Funnelback employee enjoys a range of workplace benefits such as a generously stocked kitchen, games area, a healthy lifestyle allowance and an innovative leave scheme allowing you to take up to 30 days paid leave per year.
If becoming an expert in awesome search technology sounds like you, send in your application and, in a cover letter, tell us why this role is meant to be yours. We can't wait to meet you!